Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Very Special 'Found Condoms' Thanksgiving!

Charles Patrick Moore found this lonely little guy on the corner of 4th and Washington in downtown Olympia at Noon today, just a day before Thanksgiving. Olympia is the Capitol of the Pacific Northwest state of Washington and is the original home to the notorious indie record labels, Kill Rock Stars and K Records. Oly is a beautiful dream, nestled between the Puget Sound and a vast expanse of forest and countryscapes, it is a quiet, progressive community that is very serious about sexual responsibility! Love is in the air, and on the sidewalk! Olympia sure does have a lot to be thankful for!



'Found Condoms' is thankful too! So, in celebration of this great photo and this gracious season, I would like to share with you what I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful for Charles Goodyear, who in 1839, developed a way of processing natural rubber. We have him to thank for taking the first step towards the modern condom that we all love, know, and find today.

2. I am thankful for America's permissive nature - without such a disintegration of Puritanical morals, public sex would be unheard of! I got a hand job outside of the Cha Cha Lounge in Seattle once - it was totally groovy.

3. I am thankful for that girl who gave me that hand job - although I cannot, for the life of me, remember your name. You were wearing a Love and Rockets t-shirt.

4. I am thankful for Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who in 1941, compelled Congress to pass a law instating Thanksgiving as an official national holiday! 1941 was also the same year that Germany outlawed condom use for all of its civilians! Really, what's the worst thing you could have in an oven? A Jew or a bun?

5.
And finally, I am thankful for all of the contributors who have made 'Found Condoms' what it is today! Thanks to Hillary Lee, Wren Collier, Charles Patrick Moore, Jacqueline Lavish, Michael David Holzinger, the Yo-Yo Lady, Robertt Long, Lloyd Kaufman, and Ted Daniels! You are the greatest friends a smutologist could ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment